【Guide by pictures 】Directions to Osaka Municipal Subway from JR Osaka Station and guide to underground shopping area in Umeda.
The areas around Osaka Station and Umeda station are one of the representative downtown in Japan. There are dense of department stores, stations, hotels and underground shopping areas, which is very complicated.
Especially underground shopping area is called “Umeda dungeons” and it is literally complicated like a labyrinth.
Based on the above, this time I would like to show you the way to Umeda Station in Osaka Municipal Subway from the Central Gate at JR Osaka Station with pictures.
Umeda in Osaka Municipal Subway has 3 lines. Name depends on lines.
Midosuji Line ・・・Umeda Station
Tanimachi Line ・・・Higashiumeda Station
Yotsubashi Line・・・Nishiumeda Station
These 3 stations has their own ticket gate. So when you want to switch the trains you have to get out of the gate at first.
Access to Umeda Station in Midosuji Line from the Central Gate at JR Osaka Station.
1.Start from the Central Gate at JR Osaka Station.
This is where just you get out of the Central Gate at JR Osaka Station.
2. Turn left and go towards the Central North Gate.
3. Turn right at the end of the road.
4. You can see Lucua on the left. Keep going straight.
5. You will get to the end of the road of Lucua. You can see Midosuji North Gate on the sign. You can see an escalator to underground on the left. (The red circle at the picture)
6. Go down by the escalator.After you get off,turn right and go straight. Lucua is on the left side.
8.Go along this road and you will see Segami drugstore on the left. Turn right.
9.You will get to the North Gate at Umeda Station in Midosuji Line on the right.
JRAccess to Higashiumeda Station in Tanimachi Line from the Central Gate at JR Osaka Station.
1.Start from The Central Gate at JR Osaka Station. This is where just you get out the gate.
2.Turn right and go towards the Central South Gate.
3.Go straight and you will see an escalator. Go down by the escalator.
4.After you get off, go straight.
5.Go straight and you will see the narrow road because of underground construction.
6.After you go through the narrow road you will get to a little wider road. Hanshin Department is the sign. Turn left.
7.Hanshin Department is on the right. Go straight.
8 This is the end of the road of Hanshin Department.
9. Then you will get to the opened area with many pillars. (Advertising posters on pillars are usually changing quickly so it’s not good sign for you. ) Go upper right diagonal.
10. You can see the entrance of Whity Umeda. Go left side of it.
12. You will see FARURU on the left and display window of SHARP on the right. Turn the right.
13.You will get to Higashiumeda Station.
14.The gates of Higashiumeda Station dpend on the direction you want to go. So please be careful of that.
15. Let’s go ahead. You will see exit only gate of Higashiumeda Station.
16. Next you will see the gate on the right which is platform 2 for Miyakojima and Dainichi.
17. You will see the gate for platform 1 for Tenmabashi・Tennoji ・Yaominami.
Access to Nishiumeda Station in Yotsubashi Line from The Central Gate at JR Osaka Station.
1. Start from the Central Gate at JR Osaka Station. This is where just you get out the gate.
2. Turn right and go towards the Central South Gate.
3. Go straight and you will see an escalator. Go down by the escalator.
4. After you get off, go straight.
5.When you to straight you will see the narrow road because of underground construction.
6.After you pass the road you will get to a little wider road. You will see Hanshin Department on the left. Go straight.
7. Go to the direction of the arrow at the picture. (You can take the road towards Nishiumeda Station but it’s better to take the road in the back.)
8. Go to the direction of the arrow.
9. Osaka Daiichi Life Building is on the left. Go to the direction of the arrow.
10.Hiltom Plaza East・Hilton Osaka is on the left. This road is always vacant.
11. Go to the end of the road and you will see the down staircase on the right.
12.After you go down and you will get to Nishiumeda Station in Yotsubashi Line.
There are good restaurants at the area of Osaka Station and Umeda. Here is the information.
【Lunch at Umeda】 We will show you the recommended cafés for lunch around Osaka Station · Umeda area.
This is also recommend.
【Dinner at Umeda】 Introducing the recommended shop without fail.
【Guide by Photos】 The shortest way from Namba Station, Shinsaibashi Station to America Village, Triangle ParkThe area around Namba Station ……
There is a Osaka kitaku nakaza……
You easily get lost around Osa……
Introduction of writer
Please introduce your “we love Osaka“ (Only gourmet of Osaka and spot of Osaka)